- Full range of consulting services for short and long-term projects and initiatives.
- Community artisan assessment.
- Project design and implementation.
- Informal sector business development strategies.
Product Design & Development:
- Strong record of product development for North American and international markets including home decor and soft furnishings, tabletop, textiles, specialty apparel, sustainable fashion and fashion accessories.
- Sourcing and application of trend forecasting and market research.
- Consideration of raw material procurement challenges, local cultural considerations, shipping constraints, environmental impacts, international standards and target market trends.
- Skill-specific technical support for product development.
- Access to a range of media-specific craft specialists.
- Colour consulting and natural dye design development.
- Specialist expertise in working with textile artisans including the areas of specialty and local fibers and materials, natural and synthetic dyes, hand spinning, hand weaving, hand and machine knitting, crochet, basketry, knitting, embroidery, applique, patchwork, resist dye techniques, hand painting, block printing, screen printing, tailoring and sewing.
Marketing & Branding:
- Guidance on brand development and brand assets to inspire international buyer confidence.
- Development of selling tools.
- Merchandising, editing and presenting collections.
- Market-led activities including international and regional trade show pavilions, buyer tours, in-country or regional expositions and pop-ups, private label and collaborations.
- Preparation for participation in trade shows.
- Business management strategies for artisans.
- Design tools for artisans, design briefings, on-site training and workshops.
- Guidance in production management, logistical and technical support.
- Preparation for international and regional trade show participation.
- Development of branding assets and marketing tools.